From teaching English as a foreign language in Italy to working in one of the most recognised brands in the world, I’ve learned that success doesn’t come from standing still. It comes from self-awareness and challenging yourself to consistently learn and improve.
My corporate career spanned across Vodafone, Liberty Insurance, and eBay. While I achieved considerable success and have moments I am immensely proud of, there were also times when it was downright challenging.
This means I understand very well the challenges leaders face in the workplace:
- Dealing with different (sometimes difficult) personalities,
- Knowing what to focus on (and what not to focus on!),
- Knowing when to say no,
- Being strategic about opportunities,
- Understanding how to get the best from people.
- Knowing how to communicate effectively, succinctly, and impactfully to both teams and leaders alike.
- Recognising the signs of burnout.
- Understanding the importance of perception and brand.
- When the organisation depends on the strength and competency of its leaders, development becomes a necessity at all levels.
Taking time out to gain perspective, talking through challenges and potential solutions without fear of judgment, and having an accountability partner to ensure you do what you say you’ll do to achieve your goals as a leader.
Having a coach means working with someone who is 100% invested in your success, and it works because it’s not about telling you what to do.
Instead, it’s about giving you time, space and facilitating the confidence you need in yourself as a leader to come up with the right solution.
In addition to Executive and Leadership Development Coaching, I partner with the Local Enterprise Office in Fingal on several projects to support businesses to succeed. This includes managing the Fingal Enterprising Women Network, one of Ireland’s largest and most successful networks for businesswomen. I have an innate understanding of the connection between leaders’ performance and its impact on an organisation’s bottom line.
I value communication, confidence, expression, empathy, respect, kindness, and making it happen.
Together with powerful coaching techniques and vast leadership experience, these values enable me to bring my clients to the next level in leadership.